Monastery Mileseva

By
Monastery Mileseva Monastery Mileseva

Monastery Mileseva, placed in the valley of Mileseva river, was named after this river. Monastery was raised by King Vladislav, the son of King Stefan Prvovencani.

From 1237 till 1594, this monastery was the grave of St. Sava, until the strike by the Turks in XVI century, when the relics of St. Sava were burned on Vracarevo hill in Belgrade. Despite several incinerates by Turks, Mileseva managed to develop the rich culture. The monastery had two renovations, and in 1863 the monastery gained nowadays apperance.

Beli andjeo (White angel) in Mileseva Monastery

  • Email to a friend Email to a friend
  • Print version Print version
  • Plain text Plain text

Tagged as:

monastery, Monastery Mileseva

Rate this article

0

Newsletter